Everyone wants to have healthy, shiny hair, but the beauty of hair depends on many factors.
One of them is the correct choice of hair care products.
Ladies use many devices for hairstyling, which aren’t safe and damage hair when they are used regularly.
A hair dryer has been one of the controversial beauty products until ionic hair dryers were invented. To define what ionization is, you need to start by understanding how this type of energy works.
In the natural environment, positive and negative ions occur in a ratio of about five to four in a balanced atmosphere and have a significant impact on our health and mental well-being.
Recent research in professional instrumental technology suggests the use of ionic energy in a variety of hairdressing devices.
What Should You Know About the Work of Ionic Hair Dryers?
Dry air, dust, and synthetic-based combs affect the condition of our hair – it accumulates static voltage and begins to electrify.
Drying with an ordinary hair dryer often aggravates the already deplorable situation, drying out the hair. It becomes incredibly dry and dull, and it is very difficult to achieve the desired effect.
When the strands are processed in this way, static electricity is eliminated. As a result, the hair becomes supple, soft, and incredibly shiny. Hair loses less moisture, and styling holds its shape much longer.
A similar effect is achieved by a special design of the device. Hot air passes through the tourmaline-coated part. Thanks to this, the heating takes place evenly.
When heated, the hair dryer releases negatively charged particles and conditions the hair without damaging it.
An Ionic Hair Dryer or a Standard Dryer: Which One to Use?
A hair dryer with ionization differs from the standard one with a device from where a stream of hot air comes. During the operation of the hair dryer, the lattice is heated, and ions are released from the coating, conditioning the hair.
The additional tourmaline coating also distributes the hot air temperature evenly, which contributes to more effective hair drying that doesn’t cause damage to hair.
A special device in ionic hair dryers is characterized by the property to emit negative ions. Atoms are generated that are charged with an electron and therefore contain a high level of energy.
They can immediately convert the water molecules of wet hair into microparticles, so tiny that they penetrate the outer layer of the hair, reaching the cuticle, restoring its moisture and density.
That is, ions with a minus sign moisten the hair fiber from the inside and outside – dry it.
How to Know that You Need a Hair Dryer with Ionization?
An ionic hair dryer is more suitable for certain hair types. You are highly recommended to give preference to this hair dryer type in the following cases:
- It suits dry hair, already damaged or weakened. It will be a useful purchase if you use the hair dryer several times a week or even every day.
- If you want to take care of your hair, which can be significantly weakened with a regular hair dryer.
- If your hair is curly, but you are not always happy with the effect. Those who like complex hairstyles will appreciate the flexibility of the “working material” after using the ionization function in the hair dryer.
- If you are an owner of very long thick hair. It takes more time to dry such hair than after washing hair of medium length and density. Ionized hair dryers are able to rest your hands much faster than conventional hair dryers.
- With regular use of a straightener or curling iron, you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of an ionic hair dryer: quick-drying, moisturizing, softening hair, and the ability to keep the desired shape longer when styling.
- If there is a problem with excessive oiliness. An oily scalp can actually be the result of dry hair. Excessive sebum secretion is our body’s response to dehydration and an attempt to remedy the situation.
In general, the acquisition will be beneficial for almost everyone. Positive and negative charges are present in the body of every person.
How to Choose an Ionic Hair Dryer?
In order to choose a good hair dryer with ionization, you need to study the recommendations of the experts. You should pay attention to the parameters when choosing among a variety of models in today’s market.
In hair dryers, ionization is controlled by an ion generator or a tourmaline coating on the grill.
In the first case, the air stream mixes with a large number of ions in the hair dryer body, and in the second, negatively charged particles enter the blown air when passing through a specially coated grill. Ion generators are found in most low-cost models.
In any case, be patient: to evaluate the positive effect of ionization, you will have to regularly use this function for a couple of weeks, although some people see the result after the first use.
- Remember that the power over 2000 W is too large for use at home. Give preference to the models with high power but not the maximum possible one. Otherwise, you can damage the hair.
- Give preference to the models that have both tourmaline and Teflon coating. Such products will serve you longer as they are more durable.
- Choose models where you can switch between several temperatures to use the optimal temperature for your hair.
Pay attention to some other characteristics like a turbo mode, air conditioning, and other functions before making a final buying decision.
How to Use a Hair Dryer with Ionization?
There are no big differences in the use of ionic hair dryers. You should dry hair with this modern device following the same procedure.
If you are going to use a hair dryer for the first time, you may wonder how to turn on the regimen with ionization. In most cases, ionization turns on automatically. In some models, the button should be turned on manually.
Experts recommend drying hair with a towel first because it’s better to use a hair dryer with ionization for slightly dried hair. Apply hair care products that will protect your hair from thermal damage before you use a hair dryer.